[Samba] NT_STATUS_INVALID_SID

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Oct 29 18:45:38 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-10-29 at 10:02 -0400, Ryan Ashley via samba wrote:
> Finally, I too would like to know if the settings are going to be
> honored in 4.5 and beyond. If so, how would the migration from 4.4 to
> newer version go if we do not have those lines in our current
> configuration file?

Once we get to the bottom of this I will advocate, consistent with our
long historical practice, for a no-change upgrade path.

Our policy and practice is only to force an smb.conf change in the most
important of circumstances, like when we change a default for security
purposes or we remove a feature like 'security=server' or
'security=share'.

IF we have conflicting configuration elements, and we have no
reasonable option but to check those, I will ensure we have clear
messages and clear steps to follow.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett