[Samba] Can't access to \\ip and some cname after migration from samba 3 to samba 4.4.5

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 22:10:30 UTC 2016

Is this an AD domain (i.e you did a classic upgrade) or still a
"classic" domain.    With a classic domain, NetBios-over-TCP and WINS
are still important. Generally tho I saw the reverse when clients
connecting via VPN or a router could connect to IP addresses but not
names (even though DNS was set up correctly.)

Also I have NOT had luck getting SMB v2 working reliably with Samba 3.x
-  which is probably not related.