[Samba] NT_STATUS_INVALID_SID

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Oct 27 19:42:39 UTC 2016

On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 17:23:43 -0200
Vinicius Bones Silva via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi Rowland,
>
>      Just to let you know, we removed all the idmap entries we had on
> the smb.conf of our two DCs and the ids reported by getent passwd at
> the DCs were in the 3.000.000 range, as you said. We had to add back
> 'idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes' to get the user listing with the
> original numbers on the DCs.
>
> Here's what we commented out on the configurationfiles.
>
>          # Default idmap config used for BUILTIN and local
> accounts/groups #idmap config *:backend = ad
>          #idmap config *:range = 2000-9999
>
>          # idmap config for domain E-TRUST
>          #idmap config E-TRUST:backend = ad
>          #idmap config E-TRUST:schema_mode = rfc2307
>          #idmap config E-TRUST:range = 10000-40000
>          #idmap cache time = 1
>          #idmap negative cache time = 1
>          #winbind cache time = 1
>          idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

Yes those are the lines you should only have on a domain member (aka
fileserver, printserver). The only idmap line you should have on a DC is
the 'idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes' line, without this line, rfc2307
will not be used and unfortunately it is not added automatically to
any DCs that are joined to the domain.

Rowland