[Samba] "incorrect GUID component for member" ... cannot delete member

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue Oct 25 15:17:41 UTC 2016

I have defunct user's in groups in my domain groups - but it appears
that I cannot remove them.  This membership is reported by "samba-tool
dbcheck" but are not fixed even if "-fix" is specified.

=== ldbmodify ===

[root at larkin27 ~]# ldbmodify -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb fix.ldif
ERR: (Unwilling to perform) "Unable to find GUID for DN
CN=mstudtma,OU=Industries Users,DC=EXAMPLE,DC=COM
" on DN CN=Domain Users,CN=Users,DC=EXAMPLE,DC=COM at block before line
6
Modify failed after processing 0 records
[root at larkin27 ~]# cat fix.ldif
dn: CN=Domain Users,CN=Users,DC=EXAMPLE,DC=COM
changetype: modify
delete: member
member: CN=mstudtma,OU=Industries Users,DC=EXAMPLE,DC=COM
-

=== dbcheck ===

ERROR: incorrect GUID component for member in object CN=Domain
Users,CN=Users,DC=EXAMPLE,DC=COM - <GUID=4adc8e8c-db48-46d9-9a55
-1f222350d4fa>;CN=mstudtma,OU=Industries Users,DC=EXAMPLE,DC=COM
unable to find object for DN CN=mstudtma,OU=Industries
Users,DC=EXAMPLE,DC=COM - (No such Base DN: CN=mstudtma,OU=Industries
Users,DC=EXAMPLE,DC=COM)
Not removing dangling forward link

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383
openSUSE, a LINUX desktop for humans who need to get work done.