[Samba] 3.6.23-25.el6_7 and 4.2.10 and "Domain Admins" are/not Admins?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 24 11:53:45 UTC 2016

thanks Aleksey

before I can try your suggestions I have to solve another
problem which has just occur on that 4.2 Samba, now that
server (it did crash caused some other hardware problem) fails:

$ smblcient -L //serverB -Uthis_dom\\this_user

SPNEGO login failed: Indicates the SID structure is not valid.
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_SID

I do not recall there was on OS/samba update, only that
crash(cold reboot) and now this problem (and it was ok, not
SID problem ever since I set it up). I'm googling but would
you, would anybody know what might be the problem?
The first server, PDC is ok, no above problem there.

$ smblcient -L //serverA -Uthis_dom\\this_user = result OK

On the failing server I backed up, remove and let samba
recreate /var/lib/samba.
Again, for both servers userdb backend is the same
multi-master ldap.

I have, always had these in smb.conf

   ldap group suffix = ou=Group
   ldap user suffix = ou=People