[Samba] Office365 Password Sync problem

Geert Lorang geert.lorang at luciad.com
Mon Oct 24 08:39:27 UTC 2016

On 22/10/2016 13:33, Simon Kelsall via samba wrote:
> Has anyone been able to sync passwords from Samba Version 4.3.11 to
> Office365 ?
>
> I've set up a VM running MS Server 2012 and joined it to the Samba AD
> domain and installed the Azure AD Sync program. User accounts are
> being synced ok put passwords don't seem to be going up ?

Yes, we have it up & running here. Looks like your user doesn't have the
appropriate rights to sync the passwords.

We've made it a Domain Admin but it looks like that granting it
"Replicate Directory Changes" & "Replicate Directory Changes All"
permissions should be sufficient.
See "Permissions for the created AD DS account for express settings" on
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/documentation/articles/active-directory-aadconnect-accounts-permissions/

Cheers,
Geert