[Samba] Bind_DLZ and two AD DC

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Oct 22 12:39:00 UTC 2016

On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 13:23:39 +0100
Alex Crow via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 22/10/16 08:44, Michael Howard via samba wrote:
> >
> >> In fact on the subject "Bind_DLZ and two AD DC" you replied just
> >> before I did.
> >>
> > The confusion probably arises from the fact that two of your replies
> > on this thread are in response to 'Means, Jeffrey D.', who doesn't
> > appear to have posted in this thread.
> > In fact, he doesn't appear to have posted to the list this year at
> > all.
> >
> > Cheers,
>
> That is really odd. I saw two mails from this person, with two To:
> headers, one to me, one to samba at lists.samba.org.

As I pointed out, 'Means, Jeffrey D' has probably never registered
to post on the Samba mailing list and his posts are probably stuck in
moderation and may suddenly appear at some point.

That will make it three problems with his posts:
Posting without registering.
Hijacking a thread.
Finally, CC'ing a Samba user, unless requested, you should only send
posts to the list.

Rowland