[Samba] Bind_DLZ and two AD DC

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Fri Oct 21 20:58:51 UTC 2016

>> Simple answer - Yes, all your DCs need to run the same DNS
>> implementation. Mixing is not supported. You can convert your DCs at
>> any time but it's probably better to decide before deployment.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Alex
> Alex, I am a Bit perplexed here, you seem to be replying to posts that
> have never been posted to the list and whilst they are sort of
> relevant to the subject, they should have been in their own separate
> subject.
>
> Rowland

Not sure I understand. I was looking at the list for replies to my
problem and while I was doing it I saw some posts to the list, that I
thought I could help with. Everything I've replied to has been on-list
and posted back to it.

I'm pretty sure I didn't change the subject back to my subject when I
helped these people. Did you make sure your email client is working OK?
Or maybe my reply settings are not correct?

In fact on the subject "Bind_DLZ and two AD DC" you replied just before
I did.

Are you in fact annoyed that someone outside of the Samba team helped
out a user? Do I have to wait for an official Samba person to reply and
approve before I answer someone's query?

I am just trying to contribute as I've been asking a lot of the list
today and believe in give and take.

Best regards.

Alex

--
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
confidential information. Unless you are that person, you may not

"Transact" is operated by Integrated Financial Arrangements Ltd.
29 Clement's Lane, London EC4N 7AE. Tel: (020) 7608 4900 Fax: (020) 7608 5300.
(Registered office: as above; Registered in England and Wales under
number: 3727592). Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct
Authority (entered on the Financial Services Register; no. 190856).