[Samba] 3.6.23-25.el6_7 and 4.2.10 and "Domain Admins" are/not Admins?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 19 21:28:32 UTC 2016

hi all

I have two different Samba versions as PDC and BDC and
depending on which one is "domain master" users which are
domain admins are not recognized as such.

Everything seems normal with 3.6.23-25.el6_7 as "domain
master" but when I configure them so 4.2.10 is the master
then I login to Win7 fine but Windows tells me that the user
is not an Admin and I need to supply credential (wherever
it's necessary of course).

Both Sambas are config-wise virtually identical, I only swap
"domain master = yes" around.

User backends are for both Sambas multi-master LDAP so these
too should (I believe are) are identical for both servers.

What could it be? Gee, some good hint could be a
master-headache savior.

many! thanks.

L.