[Samba] Can't connect via smb to s4 DC

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Oct 19 15:28:32 UTC 2016

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 10:00:08 -0500
Arthur Ramsey via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> I have 4 samba 4.5.0 DCs.  I can connect via smb to two of them and
> can't connect to another two.  I get an error "The request is not
> supported".  Those same two DCs I cannot connect to via smb also have
> issues via ADUC.  I get an "RPC server is unavailable" when trying to
> connect with ADUC.

Can I suggest you make the smb.conf look like this:

# Global parameters
[global]
        debug level = 4
        workgroup = MEDITURE
        realm = mediture.dom
        netbios name = AWS-DC01

        server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate

        template homedir = /home/%U
        template shell = /bin/bash

        server string = Samba Server Version %v

        allow trusted domains = no
        ldap server require strong auth = no

        winbind refresh tickets = yes
        winbind offline logon = yes
        winbind use default domain = yes
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes

        kerberos method = secrets and keytab

        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

[netlogon]
        path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/mediture.dom/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        read only = No

It is the same as yours, with all the default lines removed, the
totally useless (on a DC) 'idmap config' lines removed and winbindd
turned on.

If this doesn't help, try checking this out:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Verifying_and_Creating_a_DC_DNS_Record

Rowland