[Samba] NS records for a new AD DC

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 12:59:31 UTC 2016

Anyway NS records are used when DNS server speak to DNS server, not by
clients. So AD would work just fine without them.

NS are used when a client ask something the configured resolver can't
resolve by himself and when the resolver is not configured to forward
request to relevant DNS server.

IE: client search for toto.org and its resolver does not know anything
about that zone.
Resolver will ask ORG root servers for one of them send it NS for toto.org.

It should be possible to have such behaviour on a LAN but I don't expect
someone able to deploy such a configuration would ask about so knwon
non-issue.