[Samba] classic upgrade with rfc2307bis

Dr. Hansjoerg Maurer hansjoerg.maurer at itsd.de
Tue Oct 18 10:34:13 UTC 2016

Hi Christian

we did someithing similar some month ago and I only found only a rather complicated way.

1) We extracted the normal passwd and group information

getent passwd > /root/passwd.out
getent group > /root/group.out

deleted system user and password, converted to ASCIi and sorted computers out of passwd.out

grep '\$' /root/passwd.out.ascii  > /root/computer.out.ascii
grep -v '\$' /root/passwd.out.ascii  > /root/user.out.ascii

2) we transfered the ldapsam Information to tdbsam

pdbedit -i ldapsam -e tdbsam
pdbedit -g -i ldapsam -e tdbsam

3) then we startet openldap with 2307 (without bis) and no data and added an empty ldif with just the OU's

4) the we added posix accounts and groups again in ldap, using the fiels from above

/usr/share/doc/smbldap-tools-0.9.10/migration_scripts/smbldap-migrate-unix-accounts_work -v -P /root/user.out.ascii
/usr/share/doc/smbldap-tools-0.9.10/migration_scripts/smbldap-migrate-unix-computers -v -P /root/computer.out.ascii
/usr/share/doc/smbldap-tools-0.9.10/migration_scripts/smbldap-migrate-unix-groups -v -G /root/group.out.ascii

5) than we filled the samba attributes migration back from tdb to ldap

pdbedit -e ldapsam -i tdbsam
pdbedit -e ldapsam -i tdbsam -g

With this steps we could migrate towards AD

Most parts and the consolidation steps (duplicated SID's) we ware able to script in a test setup...

Regards

Hansjörg Maurer

---

itsystems Deutschland AG -- Sorglos und leise. So geht IT