[Samba] samba 4.5.0 strange windows 10 issue | incorrect password

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Oct 18 07:09:10 UTC 2016

See inline comments:

On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 18:06:36 -0700 (PDT)
yabko via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Well, all I gained from that is you haven't got a PDC, it is an AD DC.
>
> What OS are you using ?
> What is in smb.conf ?
> What is in /etc/krb5.conf ?
> what is in /etc/resolv.conf ?
> what is in /etc/hosts ?
> what is in /etc/hostname ?
> what is the ipaddress of the AD DC ?
>
> Rowland
>
> -------------------
>
> Rowland yes it's ADDC the hostname is just PDC. Sorry for the
> confusion
>
> The server is

> Release:        6.0.6
> Codename:       squeeze

You do know that squeeze is EOL ?

> /etc/krb5.conf
> [libdefaults]
>         default_realm = WMPNY.LAN
>         dns_lookup_realm = false
>         dns_lookup_kdc = true
>
> /etc/resolv.conf
>
> search wmpny.lan
> domain wmpny.lan
> nameserver 10.18.66.5

I would suggest removing the 'domain' line, it is turning off the
'search' line, you cannot have both lines in resolv.conf

> /etc/hosts
> 127.0.0.1       localhost
> 127.0.1.1       pdc.wmpny.local pdc

This is very likely your problem, /etc/hosts should be:

127.0.0.1	localhost
10.18.66.5	pdc.wmpny.local	pdc

and as you have '127.0.1.1', this probably means you are using
Network-Manager, if so, stop this from using dnsmasq.
As you are using '.local', I would also suggest turning off Avahi, if
this is running.

Rowland