[Samba] New attributes on Samba 4

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Mon Oct 17 16:09:36 UTC 2016

Hi Lucas,

Am 17.10.2016 um 17:31 schrieb Lucas Ferrari Correa via samba:
> In my company we have in our 389-ds LDAP server schemas created
> by our group with our own attributes specifications, and we want to
> know if it is possible to create these attributes in the
> Samba4 AD and how to do it.

Just call it "Samba AD". :-)

However, Samba supports Schema extensions. But as far as I know, we
don't have any documentation in the Wiki, beside:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_schema_extensions

Documenting this is on my list, but it won't happen soon. However I
guess there should be a lot of documentation on the internet how to
update the schema in an MS AD.

If you prepare an LDIF file, such as the one for Automount in the Wiki,
I can test-import it here and see if it works.

Regards,
Marc