[Samba] It is possible to use Samba4 for a LDAP server authentication?

Lucas Ferrari Correa lucasfcorrea_95 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 17 15:19:45 UTC 2016

My company uses 389-ds and we're thinking if it is possible using Samba4 as an AD DC to manage our users.

However we want to syncronize the users informations (as passwords and others attributes) in our LDAP server and Samba4.

So what i need to know is, even with the difference between the LDAP server and Samba4 structure, it is possible to use Samba4 for an external LDAP server authentication and other LDAP purposes?