[Samba] Bug 12369 - Downgrade to 4.4.5?

Paul R. Ganci ganci at nurdog.com
Sat Oct 15 16:43:53 UTC 2016

A couple of weeks ago I updated to the sernet-samba-4.5.0-4 packages on
3 CentOS 6.8 and 1 CentOS 7.2-1511 Samba 4 AD clients. I notice in the
client samba logs that I am seeing numerous errors as described in bug
12369:

[2016/10/15 10:20:01.911168,  0]
../source3/libads/sasl.c:785(ads_sasl_spnego_bind)
   kinit succeeded but ads_sasl_spnego_gensec_bind(KRB5) failed: An
internal error occurred.
[2016/10/15 10:20:01.942716,  0]
../source3/librpc/crypto/gse.c:341(gse_get_client_auth_token)
   gss_init_sec_context failed with [ The context has expired: Success]
[2016/10/15 10:20:01.942846,  0]
../source3/libads/sasl.c:785(ads_sasl_spnego_bind)
   kinit succeeded but ads_sasl_spnego_gensec_bind(KRB5) failed: An
internal error occurred.
[2016/10/15 10:23:49.250197,  0]
../source3/winbindd/winbindd.c:279(winbindd_sig_term_handler)
   Got sig[15] terminate (is_parent=0)

The bug report doesn't indicate 4-5.0-4 as having the same problem but
my logs would indicate that to be the case. Is the solution to this
issue just to downgrade to 4.4.5?

The problem is annoying on one member host in particular because I
happen to stay logged in pretty much 24/7. It seems like I have to
randomly restart winbindd daemon on the order of every 8 to 24 hours on
that machine. The other members haven't shown any ill effects but then
they don't see a lot of activity that would require a functioning winbindd.
--
Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)
Cell: (303)257-5208