[Samba] Replications errors on 4.5.0 (WERR_BADFILE)

Arthur Ramsey arthur_ramsey at mediture.com
Fri Oct 14 22:12:25 UTC 2016

Replication has been running smoothly until I upgraded to 4.5.0. I had
various errors with all BDCs and a force sync didn't resolve it.  I
shutdown all BDCs, demoted them with --remove-other-dead-server then
joined new BDCs with new names. At first replication was intermittently
failing (consecutive failures counter kept resetting), but it seemed OK,
just slow if anything.  Now they all say WERR_BADFILE and I can only get
the consecutive failure counter to reset with a force sync.

I also see "The RPC server is unavailable" when trying to connect to any
DC via Active Directory Users and Computers.

I've had a ton of issues after upgrading to 4.5.0.  Could I safely upgrade?

Thanks,
Arthur

This e-mail and any attachments may contain CONFIDENTIAL information, including PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or disclosure of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED; you are requested to delete this e-mail and any attachments, notify the sender immediately, and notify the Mediture Privacy Officer at privacyofficer at mediture.com.