[Samba] Joining a Windows Server 2008 R2 to existing Samba4 domain

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Fri Oct 14 14:17:59 UTC 2016

Hi Chris,

Am 14.10.2016 um 11:53 schrieb Chris Alavoine via samba:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Windows_Server_2008_/_2008_R2_DC_to_a_Samba_AD
>
> but have never managed to get full replication working.
>
> Could this be because I'm coming from a classicupgrade? Has anyone else out
> there managed to get this working?

I'm the author of this documentation. I recently rewrote it and at the
same time retested the procedure with 4.5.0 and everything worked.
However, I know this does not help you. :-)

* What DNS back end do you use? Internal or BIND9_DLZ?

* Did you let 2008 auto-select a replication partner during the dcpromo
or did you select a specific DC?

* Does "samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs" shows any errors? Fix them.

Regards,
Marc