[Samba] Unable to set up home share correctly

Udo Willke udo.willke at freenet.de
Fri Oct 14 14:14:18 UTC 2016

Hello Louis,

Am 14.10.2016 um 14:59 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
> On my domain member.
> cat /etc/samba/samba_usermapping
> !root = NTDOM\Administrator NTDOM\administrator
>
> And in smb.conf (global)
> # user Administrator workaround, without it you are unable to set privileges
>      username map = /etc/samba/samba_usermapping
>
> .. reboot ! the server..
Fun fact: It worked for me without a reboot .... Corrected my typo in
user.map, went back to ADUC, reopend the Management Console and "Local
users and groups" was not locked anymore. Could finally access the
shares dialog box, but are now a little scared as to how to deal with
those unwanted accounts. Previously I had locked myself out. See my
other reply.

> and dont forget to login into the domain as DOMAIN\Adminstrator on you pc.
> now try again.
> And right clik choose connect to , select your server name (not localhost)

Thanks and best regards

Udo