[Samba] another little howto, this time for CTDB

Stefan Kania stefan at kania-online.de
Fri Oct 14 10:39:18 UTC 2016

Hai Louis,

Am 14.10.2016 um 11:04 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle:
> Hai Stefan,
>

> Thank you, just had a look in to this. This looks great.

Thank you :-)

> Now, im new into this material but i need a replicated filesystems
> in few months so its time to read into it.
>
> I'll do a same setup on a debian Jessie server.

Should be no problem. I choose Ubuntu because there are som problems
with starting samba4 on Debian systems. I could not star the services
wirs systemctl, I always had to do it with "/etc/init.d/nmbd start",
tehe same for smbd and winbind. With Ubuntu everything is working fine.

> Few small questions.
>
> Any (big) reason you used the PPA of 3.8 glusterfs and not the
> stable.
This are the Packages from the Gluster-Team and always good.

> I saw jessie has 3.8 in backports, so thats ok, and i’ll be using
> samba 4.4.5.
I think that will be no problem. I's just that you get always the
newest stable version with the PPA-repository.

> Can i start to set this up with one server and add the second
> later.
>
> Should be possible imo, but since i dont know, im asking.
>
> Since i have only one spare server atm, or do i really need to
> wait.

You need at least to nodes to build a cluster ;-) but you can
virtualize. I build my testsystem with all machines with virtualbox on
my notebook. You need 1 ADDC, 2 Nodes for the cluster, each node will
be part of the Gluster-cluster and part of the CTDB-cluster.

> I also saw:
>
> ### Solve the Bug with mounting glusterfs during systemstart.
>
> This i can fix, but i need to install first :-).
That would be great.

> This is a wrong dependes starting order in systemd.
That's what I thought too.

> Have a look here. http://blog.gluster.org/category/systemd/
>
> That should help you to fix the starting problem.
I will take a look at it.

> Last, i need NFSv4 also integrated in this, anytips in advance..
If you install Gluster and do an "netstat -tlpn" you will find that
Gluster gives you a NFS-Server

> anyone any tips very are always very welcome.
Visit my three day class in Berlin ;-)
What you should do, take a look at the gluster.org Webpage and find
out what else you can do with gluster. There are many ways to
configure gluster. In my howto it's just a very small part.

Stefan

> Greetz,
>

> Louis

tx