[Samba] Authentication inside VirtualMachine works but without doesn't

mxth2 at t-online.de mxth2 at t-online.de
Thu Oct 13 16:40:08 UTC 2016

On Thur, 13 Oct 2016 09:49:14 +0200 (MEST)
rpenny--- via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I can authenticate with the smbd from macos 10.12 using smb 3.6.25
>> inside a vm running on the same machine.
>> smbclient -L 192.168.0.87 -U username --signing=off
>> works.
>> But when using the same command from a different PC i get
>> NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE.
>> It is the same client setup. Any clues?
>>
>> Markus

>Firewall ?

>Can you ping the Samba machine ?

>Rowland

The firewall isn't turned on and i can ping the server. With debugging output  -d4
The output is the same. Except the last message:

VM:
NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE_KEY_EXCH
Domain=......

PC:
NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE_KEY_EXCH
SPNEGO login failed: Logon failure

Username and password i am using is the same combination on both clients.

Markus