[Samba] to know which dns-backend ?

Felipe_G0NZÁLEZ_SANTIAG0 fgonzalez at uci.cu
Thu Oct 13 12:35:46 UTC 2016

Hello guys:
I need to know a strategy to identify which dns-backend are Samba4 DC using: BIND9 or Internal?
Some time ago someone told me I can check this by verifying if exists the user 'dns-hostname'.
But, what if this user has been deleted?
Or, what's the situation if I need to get the dns-backend on a replication environment?

On the other hand, How can I know if my server is running Samba4 AD? I mean I need to automate this process, so first I've to do is check if Samba4 AD is already installed.

Thanks,
Felipe_ González_Santiago
Universidad_de_las_Ciencias_Informáticas
Centro_de_Software_Libre
La_Habana. CUBA

"Remind yourself that you cannot fail at being yourself"
Wayne Dyer

The University of Informatics Sciences invites you to participate in the Scientific Conference UCIENCIA 2016, [extended] deadline: september 30th.
Conferencia Científica UCIENCIA 2016, plazo de envío de trabajos hasta el 30 de septiembre.
http://uciencia.eventos.uci.cu/