[Samba] Change user's email domain in AD

John Gardeniers jgardeniers at objectmastery.com
Wed Oct 12 22:08:28 UTC 2016

We are preparing for an email domain name change. Is there a way I can
script this in AD? I can of course manually edit each user's email
address but I'd rather use a script that can be tied in with other
scripted processes that will be performed during the switch-over, which
would save me considerable time. I can't use ADUC for this because the
username part of the email address is not necessarily tied to their
logon, or even their full name, so there's no variable I can use to
match that part.

regards,
John