[Samba] Samba 4.3.11 on FreeBSD-10.3 - Firefox problem on Win7Pro

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Wed Oct 12 16:57:07 UTC 2016

On Tue, October 11, 2016 19:06, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> This doesn't sound like a Samba problem. If access for that user
> was completely cut off, or got authentication errors, that sounds
> like us. But
>
> "FF stops responding to javascript
> calls and generally slows down to an unacceptable degree."
>
> doesn't sound like something a remote filesystem would cause.

It does not seem to me either.  But, and it is a big exception, the
user does not have this problem on the old domain and it keeps
cropping up on the new.  The same workstations, exact same software,
and the identical network infrastructure is used in both cases.  The
only difference being the domain controller.  One is Win2KAS and the
other Samab-4.3.11.

I asked just in case there was some quirk with Samba and roaming
profiles that others knew of and which might have some bearing on the
situation.

Canada  L8E 3C3