[Samba] kodi cant access samba shares

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Oct 12 15:43:25 UTC 2016

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 09:16:56 -0600
jacek burghardt via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> I am running one version before 4.4.5 on arch Linux it is join to my
> domain controller and it not functioning as dc. Do I need to
> configure host name for kodi ? I will setup setup zeroconf/Avahi

You posted your smb.conf earlier, can you try this version of it:

[Global]
        workgroup = HEBE
        security = ads
        realm = HEBE.US

        server string = %h ArchLinux Host
        netbios name = rimfire

        interfaces = bond0
        bind interfaces only = no

        winbind enum users = Yes
        winbind enum groups = Yes
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        winbind nested groups = Yes
        winbind separator = +
        winbind refresh tickets = yes
        winbind offline logon = yes
        winbind cache time = 300

        ## map ids outside of domain to tdb files.
        idmap config *:backend = tdb
        idmap config *:range = 2000-9999
        ## map ids from the domain  the ranges may not overlap !
        idmap config HEBE : backend = rid
        idmap config HEBE : range = 10000-999999

        template shell = /bin/bash
        template homedir = /homes/%D/%U

        domain master = no
        local master = no
        preferred master = no

        name resolve order = bcast lmhosts host wins
        map to guest = bad user
        hosts allow = 192.168. 127.0.0.1
        username map = /etc/samba/user.map
        vfs objects = acl_xattr
        map acl inherit = yes
        store dos attributes = yes
        inherit acls = Yes
        acl group control = yes
        strict allocate = yes

        dns proxy = no
        load printers = no
        debug level = 3
        max xmit = 65535

It sets up 'idmap config' correctly and removes several default
settings.

Rowland