[Samba] samba with customized ldap backend

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 09:17:43 UTC 2016

I have to assume much, I'll try. So...
- No AD, that's some NT4 domain.
- No Winbind because Winbind is using samacccountname as user login and not
UID.
- Issue happens on Linux or UNIX clients.

The question is what tool (SSSD, pam_ldap / nss_ldap, nslcd...) are you
using to retrieve information from LDAP to forge users on system side.

Once you get an answer to this previous question check how to configure
that tool to tell it that uid is uid and login. Most of them can do that.