[Samba] computer managemnt

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Oct 11 18:33:52 UTC 2016

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 12:12:28 -0600
jacek burghardt via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> How I get Domain Administrator to have access in samba ? When I try to
> access samba from Computer management i get access denied

There are are a couple of ways, give Administrator a uidNumber, or the
preferred way (well, my preferred way), add a line to smb.conf and then
create a user map

On a domain member (this is not required on a Samba DC), add a line
similar to this:

username map = /usr/local/samba/etc/user.map

and create the file /usr/local/samba/etc/user.map containing this:

!root = SAMDOM\Administrator SAMDOM\administrator Administrator
administrator

reload the configuration or restart Samba and Administrator becomes
root.

Rowland