[Samba] a question about tdb record backup for ctdb failover

sun yekuan sunyekuan at outlook.com
Tue Oct 11 10:40:52 UTC 2016

ok, thank you!

Except witness, what else should CTDB do for supportting transparent failover?

With best regards

From: Volker Lendecke<mailto:vl at samba.org>
Date: 2016-10-11 15:24
To: sun yekuan via samba<mailto:samba at lists.samba.org>
CC: Amitay Isaacs<mailto:amitay at gmail.com>; sun yekuan<mailto:sunyekuan at outlook.com>
Subject: Re: [Samba] a question about tdb record backup for ctdb failover
sun yekuan via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> writes:

> OK, thank you!  I have another question:
>
> what the current CTDB have done for transparent failover ? achieved  fully or partially?
> if CTDB has not achieved fully,  what else we should do ?

Fully transparent failover not only a ctdb task. Samba is involved
too. We need persistent file handles with guarantees, a task that is not
done yet.

See https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba3/SMB3#Persistent_File_Handles
for ideas.

With best regards,