[Samba] Problem with one User after upgrade to 4.5.0

Paul R. Ganci ganci at nurdog.com
Tue Oct 11 04:18:58 UTC 2016

On 10/09/2016 09:50 PM, Paul R. Ganci via samba wrote:
> I only have a two accounts (not counting the Administrator account)
> and 3 groups that maybe I care about so changing gidNumbers and/or
> uidNumbers should not be too big a deal. But I am not convinced that
> is going to fix anything.

After much anguish I finally found the problem. I had copied the
smb.conf from one client to the new one. But I didn't change the netbios
name parameter in the new client's smb.conf. After I joined the domain
with the new client all kinds of bad things began to happen of which
this was just the tip of the iceberg. Things are good again.

--
Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)
Cell: (303)257-5208