[Samba] Joining a Samba DC to Existing AD question

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Mon Oct 10 13:33:40 UTC 2016

Hi Bob,

Am 10.10.2016 um 13:18 schrieb Bob of Donelson Trophy via samba:
> I noticed the "Joining a Samba DC to an Existing Active Directory" wiki
> page was updated yesterday (October 9, 2016.)

yes, I'm currently doing a lot of major updates, rewrites, enhancements,
and so on. :-)

> Under "Preconditions" header, the third bullet point is "If Samba is
> already configured on this host, remove any existing configuration and
> databases." Well, "configuration" is start forward, meaning the smb.conf
> file but, what "databases" is the statement referring to?

Thanks for mentioning this. I updated the text and added examples.

If you are currently using the guide to join a new DC, please let me
know if the new version raises further questions or is unclear.

Regards,
Marc