[Samba] Problems DNS access other network hosts

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Oct 9 08:15:46 UTC 2016

Am 09.10.2016 um 05:36 schrieb Rodrigo Cunha:
> The problem is resolvido.Removi the standard rules of CENTOS and dns is
> responding.

and hence one checks first if the service listens and then if "tlent
host 53" allows a connection

> I do not need these, I have a firewall

each host should have it's own packet filter because the firewall don't
protect from *internal* attacks and in case the one and only firewall
has a bug you are not exposed

> Below is a table with the filter and reject rules CENTOS

that's how a host typically has to look like - just only allow responses
and explicit allowed ports, reject the rest unconditional