[Samba] Best Practices: Samba AD with multiple DCs/BIND9 DNS servers

Jason Secord it at plymouthhistory.org
Sat Oct 8 16:31:33 UTC 2016

Rowland: I set up all domain controllers bind installs the same, followed
the wiki.

Marc: that's the piece of information i needed... Now, I'll double check
this, but the other night I created a new record using the DNS snap-in from
RSAT on DC1.  After a few minutes i checked DC2's DNS zones and the record
was not visible.  I checked that drs showrepl was reporting successful
replication, it was.  Checked my sysvol rsync cron logs and they looked
fine.

How often does the DNS propagation occur?

Regards,

JS