[Samba] android tuning

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Oct 7 16:36:54 UTC 2016

On Fri, Oct 07, 2016 at 06:26:07PM +0200, Pol Hallen via samba wrote:
> Hi all :-)
>
> happens that: on 10/100 network wireless clients runs 9/10Mb/s
> transfer speed (from/to samba 4 file server).
>
> While android clients (3 samsung S6 and 2 samsung S7) runs not over
> 3/Mb/s... :-/
>
> Only tuning I've is:
>
> socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=262144
> SO_RCVBUF=262144
>
> but no differences if I remove that line
>
> android clients runs 9/10Mb/s using FTP (connected to same server)

What android clients are these ? (i.e. what applications are
you running). Android doesn't ship with a native libsmbclient
so they are either using jCIFS, libsmbclient or a third party
smb client.

As you're getting good speeds from your other (desktop?)
clients then I'm inclined to look into the client lib used
by the apps on android.