[Samba] Migration Samba4 and LDAP packages from CENTOS to DEBIAN

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Oct 7 09:33:38 UTC 2016

On Fri, 7 Oct 2016 10:45:22 +0200
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hai Rowland,
>
> Can you add in the wiki..
> If you are building Samba >= 4.5.0, you will also require
> libgpgme11-dev python-gpgme python-m2crypto
>
> And from debian backports you may need : debhelper dh-autoreconf
> dh-strip-nondeterminism libfile-stripnondeterminism-perl
>
> (At least, i did need them.)
>
> Greetz,
>
> Louis

Hi Louis, I take it you needed the extra packages, but is this because
you build your own debian packages ??

Also 'debhelper' is part of the main block of packages, does it need a
later version for your packages ?

I recently updated my DCs to 4.5.0 and didn't need any of your
suggested extra packages.

Installing 'dh-strip-nondeterminism' pulls in
'libfile-stripnondeterminism-perl'

Rowland