[Samba] winbindd losing track of RFC2307 UIDs

Rob rj_t1 at redglow.org
Thu Oct 6 14:19:19 UTC 2016

On Wed, 5 Oct 2016, Achim Gottinger wrote:

>> Hi Rob,
>>
>> You can try to use tdbtool to delete the offending key with uid 2020.
>> https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages-3/tdbtool.8.html
>> I'd stop samba make an backup of winbind_idmap.tdb and give it a try.
>> In my case deleting the mappings from idamp.tdb fixed the issue of changing
>> uid's.
>>
>> achim~
>>

> Did the uid change from 2018 to 2020 or is this an different user or member
> server? If it changed editing winbindd_idmap.tdb might not fix your problem.

It didn't change, it was my copy+paste mistake.  (At the time, the UID
from the "broken" state was outside of my terminal's scrollback range; I
thought it was 2018 but I was wrong; it was 2020 all along.)

All of my users seem to have entries in winbindd_idmap.tdb, actually; not
just the ones that have UID-changing problems.

_Rob