[Samba] samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset - NT_STATUS_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Oct 6 08:00:18 UTC 2016

Hai,

Run the following.

Backup the current rights.
getfacl /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/mydomain.org.uk > sysvol-before.acl

now, copy (backup) the (domain sysvol)  /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/mydomain.org.uk

Now remove all content from
/usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/mydomain.org.uk/*

run sysvol reset.

Get the rights applies by samba-tool
getfacl /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/mydomain.org.uk > sysvol-after.acl

copy the content back to /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/mydomain.org.uk/

reapply the all rights recursive.

setfacl -R -b -M sysvol-after.acl /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/mydomain.org.uk

try if that helps fixing sysvol.

Greetz,

Louis