[Samba] samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset - NT_STATUS_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL

Jonathan Hunter jmhunter1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 07:44:06 UTC 2016

On 28 September 2016 at 14:54, Jonathan Hunter <jmhunter1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, I've traced this a little further on now.
>
> I think I have followed the trail via the following items that call or
> refer to each other in turn:

In the meantime, as a workaround until I can figure out why
'samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset' is failing with this error... can I use
'setfacl -R' to set permissions on my sysvol share? My GPOs are
failing at the moment and I am no further forward towards figuring out
why.

Does sysvolreset set different permissions at any point further down
the sysvol directory structure, or can I just take the top level
sysvol permissions and propagate them all the way down?

(I'm now wondering why more people don't simply use setfacl -R.. there
must be something else that sysvolreset does?)

Cheers

Jonathan

--
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called
research, would it?"