[Samba] winbindd losing track of RFC2307 UIDs

Edson Tadeu Almeida da Silveira edson.tadeu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 21:15:58 UTC 2016

I'm having the same "problem" with my member/fileserver.

I leave and join domain, and when i re-join, the system aways ask me 2
times for the administrator password... can this be a problem?

root at fs2:~# net join ads -Uadministrator

Enter administrator's password:

Failed to join domain: failed to find DC for domain ads

ADS join did not work, falling back to RPC...

Enter administrator's password:

Using short domain name -- DOMAIN

Joined 'FS2' to realm 'domain.local'