[Samba] Authentication Auditing

Arthur Ramsey arthur_ramsey at mediture.com
Wed Oct 5 16:32:14 UTC 2016

Hello,

I believe there may be a bug with accounts getting erroneously locked in
v4.4.5+.  I've checked at all the Internet facing services to find the
source of account lockout and I've done packet captures at the DCs, but
I cannot find the source of lockout.  I've got several accounts locking
out for seemingly no reason including some service accounts where the
passwords aren't user entered.  I've got the lockout threshold set
pretty high, 20, so users typing in a bad password isn't too realistic.
I has happened even to my own account.  Without auditing I'm not sure
how to prove this is a bug.  Is anyone else on this list seeing
mysterious locking on v4.4.5+?

Thanks,
Arthur

--
Arthur Ramsey
System Administrator
arthur_ramsey at mediture.com
952.400.0323

This e-mail and any attachments may contain CONFIDENTIAL information, including PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or disclosure of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED; you are requested to delete this e-mail and any attachments, notify the sender immediately, and notify the Mediture Privacy Officer at privacyofficer at mediture.com.