[Samba] win 10 client on linux pdc, join domain ok, logon script fails to run

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Oct 4 15:31:04 UTC 2016

See inline comments:

On Tue, 4 Oct 2016 07:18:15 -0700 (PDT)
coxsterdillon via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just in case someone looks at this thread, I've fix my samba win10
> issue with PDC.  Here's what I did:
>
> To over come perhaps a DNS issue where complete name of server
> including top level domain name could not access box as
> \\hostname.tld\<share>
>
> I change the hostname to match netbios name.
>
> #cat dev2 > /etc/hostname
> #reboot

You should only have the short hostname in /etc/hostname

> edited hosts file to make sure old name was removed.
>
> /etc/hosts contains
>
> 127.0.0.1	localhost
> 192.168.1.200	dev2

You could also have (and should have):

192.168.1.200 dev2.domain.tld	dev2

> ::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
> ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
> ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
>

> /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/tail contains
>
> domain dev2
> nameserver 192.168.1.200

Ah, you are either using Network Manger or resolvconf, can I suggest
you stop doing this.
Also, it should be 'search dev2'

> /etc/nsswitch.conf contains
>
> group:          compat winbind
> shadow:         compat
>
> hosts: files winbind mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns
> networks:       files
>
> protocols:      db files
> services:       db files
> ethers:         db files
> rpc:            db files
>
> netgroup:       nis

I take it you missed off 'passwd compat winbind'

Rowland