[Samba] Samba server services

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 15:53:23 UTC 2016

Are all of the Samba server services (apparently provided or initiated
by the samba binary) documented (preferably concisely all in one
place) as to what they do and in what use cases they are needed, not
needed, and/or desirable?

Samba server services I've manged to locate:
smb, s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbindd,
ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, dns

As I haven't found a documented list yet I'm not sure the above is complete.

Some of the services seem self explanatory but others like wrepl and
drepl are difficult to find information on as a search brings up
virtually every post that contains an smb.conf file.

Thanks,

Chris