[Samba] Samba on Debian 8; NT4 domain, win10

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Nov 29 09:16:12 UTC 2016

Am 2016-11-29 um 09:56 schrieb Andrew Bartlett:

> While your comments on the RID < 1000 issue are correct, your
> interpretation of the pdbedit output is not correct.  That value is not
> the RID, but in deference to the smbpasswd file format from long before
> you joined Samba, it is the unix UID value for the username specified.
>  That is probably also why the -1 / 4294967295 values show up, if the
> user doens't exist locally where the tool is being run.
>
> Listing with --verbose will show the full SID, and so the applicable
> RID.
>
> Hopefully these are not below 1000, as changing the SID has annoying
> implications for profiles and other things.
>
> I hope this helps,
>
> Andrew Bartlett

thanks, Andrew

as it dawns on me it is the fact that some of the users there are very
very old. I think we started with samba-2.x there.

As I understand this you point me at:

# pdbedit -L --verbose pl04
Unix username:        pl04
[..]
User SID:             S-1-5-21-2940660672-4062535256-4144655499-2008

When I run

# pdbedit -L --verbose | grep "User SID"

I only get one user with that part <1000, and that is "nobody".

-

I think that these "pl??" users there aren't used much anymore, maybe I
can get rid of most of them or simply recreate them after the conversion
(just some minor services related, I hope).

Thanks, Stefan, the "we never had this before" guy ;-)