[Samba] Reverse zones fail with secure updates

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Nov 28 15:40:36 UTC 2016

Hai James,

So a windows xp works but Win7/10 not, at least is good hint.

So, i did have a look in my setup again.
And i'm thinking, i have disabled ipv6 for my windows 7 and win 10 pc's.
That may be an option..

A thing you can try, have a look here :
http://www.bvanleeuwen.nl/faq/?p=1142
ipv6 Admx to simple disable ipv6.

I've set : Disable all IPv6 components.

I also checked my dhcp options.
Im sending these options
003 route
004 time
006 dns servers
015 DNS Domain Name 	( your_primary.domain.tld )
042 NTP
046 WINS Node type : (0x8)

And last thing what can be different.
I have made my own CA root and client certs, im not using the generated certs from samba.
And the CA root is also published to all my win7/10 computers.

I suggest give it a try, and report back.

Greetz,

Louis