[Samba] Creating my 1st file server

Henry dercni at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 04:38:22 UTC 2016

I now have my DC working and member server working.

I am using this guide to create a file server with Windows ACLs:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Shares_with_Windows_ACLs

I am unsure of this section of the guide:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Shares_with_Windows_ACLs#Enable_extended_ACL_support_in_smb.conf

The following is only required on Domain Members and not on Domain
Controllers, where this setting is hard coded enabled.

Add the following to your [global] section of your smb.conf:

       vfs objects = acl_xattr
       map acl inherit = yes
       store dos attributes = yes

I am setting up a domain member but I have no idea if this setting is
hard coded enabled or not. Do I need these lines in my smb.conf file?