[Samba] Samba on Debian 8; NT4 domain, win10

Mark Nienberg mnlists at tippingstructural.com
Sun Nov 27 00:58:07 UTC 2016

On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 2:28 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> I already tried to upgrade the given domain in a test VM, I always hit
> small issues and therefore hesitated to roll that domain out in production.
>
> Although it shouldn't be that hard, it is a small domain with ~30 users
> and nothing in it aside from users/passwords as far as I understand.
>
> I perfectly understand and agree that the switch would be best, I just
> haven't done that sucessfully before and have to maintain a productive
> environment there all the time.

I recently upgraded our domain from NT-style to AD. It is about the same
size as yours. I hired a consultant to help. His firm has done many
upgrades on domains of all sizes. There were a bunch of little things that
came up during the process that I would have needed help to resolve but he
was able to handle all of them. I am really happy with the results. Let me
know if you want a reference. The work can be done entirely remotely.