[Samba] Samba on Debian 8

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Sat Nov 26 10:30:31 UTC 2016

Am 2016-11-25 um 11:21 schrieb Mike Lykov via samba:
> 25.11.2016 13:45, Stefan G. Weichinger via samba пишет:
>
>>> Why not to try samba from debian testing?
>>
>> I am not an experienced debian-admin: can I just pull samba-packages
>> from there or do I have to update the whole server to "testing" ?
>
> I am not expreienced too, but you can try first option, and only if
> required try second.
>
> See
> http://serverfault.com/questions/22414/how-can-i-run-debian-stable-but-install-some-packages-from-testing
>
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/114723/how-to-pull-dependencies-for-package-testing-from-testing
>

> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianTesting
> https://wiki.debian.org/AptPreferences
>
> Please do it on test container/vm (easier than test server) and post
> result here, I'm interested it too.

Thanks for the links, I already found another guide which seems to work
as well (only executed adding and updating so far):

http://www.hirnschmalz.at/2012/09/13/debian-pakete-aus-testing-oder-unstable-verwenden/

(sorry, german, but I assume you can filter and adapt the actual commands)

Maybe I (should) focus on updating to ADS domain as mentioned in the
other reply.