[Samba] setting up one share with multiple users - cannot edit files

Yvonne Piepereit yp.16 at octlabs.com
Thu Nov 24 14:35:32 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am setting up a server with CentOS 7.2.1511, Samba 4.2.10 and a xfs
data system on it. It is going to be used in an office with several
people, who will access one share. To access the server, they use MacOS
10.11 and 10.12; a windows computer would rarely be used.

When I activate the vfs objects as in the following code, I can freely
create new files or folders, but I am not able to edit them. I suspect a
problem with force user, but I am not sure. Does anybody have an example
smb.config with server role standalone?

Best regards, Yvonne

# Global parameters
[global]