[Samba] backup_samba4 script failing

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Nov 23 12:47:37 UTC 2016

Hi Bob,

Ah, now I see the the core of this problem.

This is the main problem.

You smbd –b output

Paths:
   SBINDIR: /usr/local/samba/sbin
   BINDIR: /usr/local/samba/bin
   CONFIGFILE: /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf             <<<<<<<<<<
   LOGFILEBASE: /usr/local/samba/var
   LMHOSTSFILE: /usr/local/samba/etc/lmhosts
   LIBDIR: /usr/local/samba/lib
   MODULESDIR: /usr/local/samba/lib
   SHLIBEXT: so
   LOCKDIR: /usr/local/samba/var/lock

And below in the email your telling that you config is in /etc/samba

Due to this mismatch, the script is failing.

The script is extracting the path from CONFIGFILE

But yours is not there, its in /etc/samba

I’ll think about howto implement this.

One last question, can you test the original samba backup script also.

For you, i already took the samba_backup script from the 4.5.1 source.tar.gz

( as stated here :  https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Backup_and_restore_an_Samba_AD_DC )

Its attached in the e-mail. ( list member follow the link here )

Greetz,

Louis

root at dtdc03:/etc/samba# ls /usr/local/samba/

bin  etc  include  lib  libexec  private  sbin  share  var

My smb.conf file is at /etc/samba/ like yours.

My samba installation is at /usr/local/samba as I have installed from source.

Hope this helps.

--

Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy

615.885.2846