[Samba] Samba 4 "Classic PDC" trusts fail with Win 2012 domain but succeed Win 2008

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 22:53:44 UTC 2016

I am not sure if this is relevant

    root at sambaPDC:~# /usr/local/samba/bin/net rpc trustdom establish DomainB

    Enter DOMAINA$'s password:
    Could not connect to server DomainB_DC
    Trust to domain DomainB established
    root at sambaPDC:~#

    root at sambaPDC:~# /usr/local/samba/bin/net rpc trustdom establish DomainC

    Enter DOMAINA$'s password:
    Could not connect to server DomainC_DC
    Trust to domain DomainC established
    root at sambaPDC:~#

    root at sambaPDC:~# /usr/local/samba/bin/net rpc trustdom list -U
    Administrator
    Trusted domains list:

    DOMAINA      S-1-5-21-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
    DOMAINB      S-1-5-21-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

    Trusting domains list:

    DOMAINA      S-1-5-21-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
    DOMAINB       S-1-5-21-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

I MAY have seen  "could not connect to server..." errors in the past
even when trusts did work.