[Samba] Samba AD - Scanner permission issues

Viktor Trojanovic viktor at troja.ch
Mon Nov 21 15:26:32 UTC 2016

Thanks for the hint, James.

In that case, I assume the man page for smb.conf is outdated. According to
the manual, "ntlm auth = yes" is the default. Running testparm -sv reveals,
however, that it is set to "no" by default.

Having said that, changing it  to yes didn't bring me further, yet, the
scanner still can't connect.

This is now the output of testparm -sv | grep auth

Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER

        ldap server require strong auth = Yes
        allow dcerpc auth level connect = No
        auth methods =